THE BLOOD OF JESUS CLEANSES YOU FROM ALL SIN AND GUILT (1 JOHN 1:7).
JESUS IS THE DELIVERER!!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
2. WHAT IS WITCHCRAFT?
3. THE JEZEBEL SPIRIT
4. THE ROOT OF WITCHCRAFT
5. TWENTY-FIVE CHARACTERISTICS OF WITCHCRAFT
6. THE GOLDEN KEYS OF DELIVERANCE FROM THE WITCH'S BREW
7. VIPERS IN THE VINEYARD
8. ARE YOU A QUESTION OR A STATEMENT?
9. PRAYER FOR DELIVERANCE
1. This lesson is about how to keep from being manipulated by the people you minister to, and how not to manipulate the people in the congregation.
2. It works both ways: pulpit to pew, and pew to pulpit.
WHAT IS WITCHCRAFT?
1. Is someone practicing witchcraft on you?
1. O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth? (Gal. 3:1).
2. Jezebel Introduced
1. She controlled her weak husband by the spirit of witchcraft, and by controlling King Ahab, she was able to exert immeasurable control over Israel.
2. See also Rev. 2:18-29 for God's reproof.
3. Witchcraft Defined
1. Witchcraft comes from the original word kashaph which means to whisper a spell, speak a curse, or practice magic.
2. Witchcraft can be separated into two divisions: white and black.
3. White witchcraft refers to the delusion some witches are under as they believe they are using Satan's power to affect mankind for good.
4. Black witches understand that their sorceries, spells and incantations are intended to bring evil on the objects of their bewitchments.
4. The Brew Principal
1. One thing leaders should understand is that you can have a witch's brew in the pew without having the witch present.
5. Identifying the Brew
1. Excessive Control - This is obvious when an individual attempts to exercise too much authority over others, holding them back to an extreme degree and keeping them down beyond reason.
2. Manipulation - This occurs when one person changes the function of another for their own purpose or advantage by treating that person unfairly or dishonestly.
3. Threats - Witchcraft spirits issue statements of possible harm or evil.
4. Violations of Rules - This can best be summed up by the term law breaker.
5. Refusal to Submit to Authority - One of the characteristics of the Wilderness Generation was rebellion.
6. How do you stack up? What manner of spirit are you (Luke 9:55)?
THE JEZEBEL SPIRIT
1. Witchcraft always challenges governmental authority.
2. The Jezebel Brew
1. What could change Elijah? A witch's brew, that's what!
3. The Brew and You: Let me ask you some more questions:
1. Are you going through great times of discouragement?
2. Are you bound by a terrible fear?
3. Are you seeing terrible things happen all around you?
4. Have you felt your confidence in God shaken to the core of your being?
5. If it affected Elijah, what will it do to you (James 5:17).
6. You are are not warring against flesh and blood (Eph. 6:12).
THE ROOT OF WITCHCRAFT
1. The Brew of Rebellion
1. Witchcraft is the unlawful art of imposing one's will over another.
2. The Cain Brew
1. Witchcraft began to work through Cain because he became very jealous of his brother Abel. He killed the one who was put in authority over him by God.
2. The witch's brew has spread these lies to the body of Christ for the purpose of breaking down the faith, trust and confidence in the hearts of God's people toward the men and women of God.
3. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work (James 3:16).
3. The root of witchcraft is rebellion against spiritual authority.
TWENTY-FIVE CHARACTERISTICS OF WITCHCRAFT
1. Witchcraft works through rebellion against authority and refuses to submit to God's designated authority over the earth. In Mark Chapter 1, we find an occasion where an unclean spirit operated through a man right in the middle of a worship service.
2. Witchcraft not only fosters disobedience to authority in others, but also seeks after gifts instead of the Giver.
3. Witchcraft finds fault in pastors, church leaders and church policies in order to cause some to take up offenses among the brethren. Proverbs 6:19 teaches us that one of the seven especially detestable sins in the Lord's eyes is: he that soweth discord among brethren.
4. Witchcraft agrees with disenchanted church members instead of defending church authority. We are obligated to take a stand for what we believe.
5. The witch's brew questions, undermines and, finally, judges authority. What do I mean by passing judgment? Here are some examples:
1. I am leaving the church because the pastors are just too busy.
2. I don't feel love in this church anymore.
3. I am going to go to some other church where people are heard.
4. I don't believe the pastor has the right to tell me what to do.
5. I don't like the pastor's new policy.
6. Witchcraft suggests misappropriation of church funds. For the love of money is the root of all evil (I Tim. 6:10).
7. Witchcraft can work through women, through wives' manipulation of husbands or through marital relations or social favors. The Bible says that a married person's body is not his or her own (1 Cor. 7:4).
8. Witchcraft rebels against the parental authority. God said, Honor thy father and thy mother (Exod. 20:12).
9. Witchcraft promotes a mixed spirit in the church. Jesus said for us to be either hot or cold because if we are lukewarm, He will spew us out of His mouth (Rev. 3:15).
10. Witchcraft defends family members above authority. A few children are such skillful manipulators that they can always make the parent believe it was somebody else's fault.
11. Witchcraft tries to use money to control what is preached from the pulpit. God is your source and supply (Phil. 4:19).
12.Witchcraft retaliates through punishment. A witch's brew will many times leave you where there is no answer.
13. Witchcraft gives ultimatums to authority. Do not let that witch's brew come on you!
14. Witchcraft tries to destroy the anointing through sex violations.
15. Witchcraft uses the supernatural to infiltrate spirits into the church. The Bible teaches that God will not let anything happen unless He first tells His prophets (Amos 3:7).
16.Witchcraft uses artifacts and plants them on property for purposes of having powerful spirits fight against specific goals.
17.Witchcraft gets properties and finances all tied up. Child of God, I am telling you, there could be a witch's brew being practiced on you.
18. Witchcraft violates balance with severe mood swings.
19.Witchcraft gives directional prophecy without submitting to the governmental authority of the local church. The Bible teaches us not to lay hands suddenly on any man (1 Tim. 5:22).
20. Witchcraft uses prophecy to control, manipulate or impose its will on other people. Your money perish with thee because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money (Acts 8:20).
21. Witchcraft tries to make people more loyal to race, gender and causes than to the Word of God.
22.Witchcraft constantly looks for discrimination in the church to talk among the saints and cause division.
23.Witchcraft instigates action for someone else to go ahead and say things or do things on its behalf and then hides in the background as though totally innocent.
24. Witchcraft plants bad seeds through insinuations.
25. The witch's brew tries to suck the life out of the ministers of a church.
The Golden Keys Of Deliverance
From The Witch's Brew (Matt. 3:10)
1. Put light on the matter. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not (John 1:5).
2. Rebuke it, if possible. Jesus had to rebuke Peter and say, Get thee behind me, Satan (Mark 16:23).
3. Meditate on Psalm 35.
4. Raise up the prayer of agreement (Matt. 18:19).
5. Be quick to say to someone, I don't believe that or I don't receive that.
6. Bring insinuators / instigators to authority (Matt. 18:16).
7. Send curses back to where they came, then bless those that curse you (Psa. 109:17).
VIPERS IN THE VINEYARD
1. Dealing with Dangerous People
1. I am referring, of course, to people operating under the spirit of witchcraft.
2. Is there a snake setting you up with some of the following questions?
1. Hath God said?
2. Hath God told you?
3. Hath God called you?
4. Are you sure this is God?
5. Are you sure this is what God wants from you?
6. Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you sure?
7. You cannot procrastinate about dealing with snakes, i.e., dangerous people.
3. When the Devil is attempting to uproot you, recognize these tones:
1. Have you noticed your mate lately?
2. Hath God said?
3. She has put on about 35-40 pounds.
4. He is going bald as a cue ball.
5. All he wants to do is watch television.
6. All she does is spend time on the telephone.
7. Have you also noticed that attractive person over there?
8. Leave that church. You know, really, you have been there long enough.
9. You know the pastor's stories better than he knows them.
10. Wouldn't it be more fun to go to another church where you could hear fresh and new stories?
11. Have you noticed how the folks at the church ignore you?
12.That job, I'm telling you, I would not put up with that.
13. They talk to you like you are a dog.
14.They don't appreciate your work.
15. Maybe that's God's way of telling you it is time to leave that job.
16. Are you sure God really wants you to stay in this city?
17. The Devil is always trying to uproot and substitute!
18.You will never go further in God until you see yourself the way God sees you.
4. The Forked Tongued Devil
1. The Devil speaks to us in two ways. The first way is that he speaks to us in our minds.
2. The second way is that he speaks to us through people, dangerous people, who knowingly or unknowingly are tools of the enemy.
5. Some Characteristics and Attacks of Vipers
1. When vipers meet, they are up to no good.
2. Vipers always justify their position.
3. Vipers are only concerned about themselves.
4. When vipers gather, it is always for the big setup.
5. Vipers misuse and abuse authority.
6. Vipers love to flatter with their lips. They will charm you. They say things like:
1. What a nice person you are.
2. I am so glad God sent you to us.
3. The company has never operated better as when you arrived.
7. Vipers use spiritual things to deceive.
8. Vipers target leaders. When you start hearing flattering words like:
1. Oh, Brother, nobody preaches like you.
2. Oh, I have never felt an anointing like I feel.
3. Even when I think about you praying for me, my body shivers.
4. Nobody but you can do it.
9. Vipers charm their victims into a false sense of security.
10. Vipers get innocent people to do their dirty work.
6. What Do Vipers Want?
1. Your Birthright:
1. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul (Mark 8:36)?
2. Your Integrity:
1. This is who you really are.
3. Your Calling and Originality:
1. God has you right where you are for a reason.
2. It has to do with your calling and your originality.
7. Ways to Help You Become the Victor
1. Tough love is a positive position.
2. Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, that your days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with you on the land which the Lord your God gives you (Deut. 5:16).
3. Mark and avoid known vipers.
1. Jesus rebuked Peter for allowing Satan to use him, but He did not break fellowship with Peter for the single offense (Matt. 16:23).
4. Ask snakes questions instead of letting them question you.
1. When his agents, vipers, question you, you should reply with questions back:
2. Have you talked to them about this?
3. Have you cleared this with pastor?
4. Have you talked to God about this?
5. Do you think this is what Jesus wants you to do?
6. Let's go see that brother.
7. Let's go talk with that sister.
5. Keep snakes on their bellies. Upon thy belly shalt thou go (Gen. 3:14).
6. Put great value on free will, authority, conscience and submission.
1. You might reply with one of the following:
2. I do not believe what you are saying about that brother or sister.
3. This is a good church.
4. I am not going to get in this gossip session.
5. I do not receive that in the name of Jesus.
6. I will not think evil of my brother or sister.
7. Let your character stand up and take your stand!
ARE YOU A QUESTION OR A STATEMENT?
1. You Are to Make Statements
1. Every statement Adam made must have made God smile because He saw His son doing the identical thing that He did: making statements.
2. The First Question
1. The Devil asked the first question! Yea hath God said (Gen. 3:1)?
2. When our first parents ate that fruit, they exchanged their statements for questions.
3. These are some examples of what are thought and spoken by some people:
1. What did I ever do to deserve this?
2. Why was I born this way?
3. Is there something wrong with me?
4. Why can't I be happy?
5. Why do the good die young?
6. Why am I going through this?
7. Why is my business not prospering when I am trying so hard?
8. Why do I go through this with my children?
9. Why is this thing held up so long when I have been waiting for it to come in and it seems like it's never going to come in?
10.Questions, questions, questions! To get us into double-mindedness.
4. The Burning Bush: I AM THAT I AM. We find that it means three things:
1. God is reality.
2. God is existence.
3. God is life.
4. I AM REAL BECAUSE I AM REALITY. I EXIST BECAUSE I AM EXISTENCE. I AM LIFE BECAUSE I LIVE.
5. God's Statement About You
1. There are many people who have no direction in their lives anymore. Why are they lacking direction?
2. For one reason, because they have begun to move into the question side of themselves instead of standing on the statement side of themselves.
6. The Red Sea
1. Have you noticed how the question side of man predominated over the statement side of man when Israel reached the Red Sea?
7. Born Again to Make Statements
1. God wants us to get out of questions and into statements.
2. Every person who has been born-again has had to make a statement to this question.
3. Who do people say Jesus is ? Who do you say that Jesus is?
8. The Baptism of Jesus
1. Jesus made a statement to the world when He was baptized.
9. The Sons of Sceva
1. They made a statement but they didn't know who they were. They heard about the Jesus and Paul.
2. Each of us must have that personal experience.
10. Are You Naked?
1. Anytime you do not know who God is in a statement form, but you only know God in question form, then you will end up going down the highway spiritually stripped and beaten.
2. I believe God is showing us something today, and it is not that the power is not available, but that we have got to get a statement.
11.Make A Decision
1. Make a decision about who you are in life and especially the spiritual realm.
12. Cain and Able
1. Cain means can I. Cain became a wandering question mark.
2. What is the New Age philosophy?
1. You are your own god.
2. Everybody is god.
3. We are all gods.
4. We are all connected to God.
5. All you need to do is listen to the god in you.
3. Abel made a statement with his sacrifice.
4. You can only be redeemed by a statement. When God asks you a question, it's time for you to make a statement!
13. Prayer: Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, reveal Yourself to my life and situation. Give me the statement I should make and I will speak it boldly. From this day forward, I refuse to be bound by questions, but I say what God says about me. In Jesus' Name I pray.
14. Statement: Jesus is the answer to my question! Jesus is the solution to my problem. The battle is not mine but the battle is the Lord's! Devil, you are in trouble! In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.
PRAYER FOR DELIVERANCE
I forgive those who have manipulated me. I especially forgive pastors and Christian leaders who have manipulated me. Forgive me for manipulating and trying to bewitch others. Forgive me for practicing white or black witchcraft, and I forgive others for practicing witchcraft against me. Forgive me for being a Jezebelic woman or an Ahab man. Forgive me for charming, sorcery, speaking a spell or incantation, speaking a curse or practicing magic. Forgive me for excessive control, rebellion, threats, violations of rules and refusal to submit to authority. Forgive me for envy, jealousy, lying, sowing discord, flattery and the love of money. I break curses of manipulation and witchcraft. I break soul ties with those who have manipulated me. I break demonic holds from organizations who have controlled me. All these things I do in the Name of Jesus Christ, my Lord, Master and Savior.
Witch's Brew in the Pew, Dr. Drew Rousse with David Alsobrook, Word of Faith Deliverance Center, P.O. Drawer 9380, New Iberia, LA 70562-9380