THE BLOOD OF JESUS CLEANSES YOU FROM ALL SIN AND GUILT (1 JOHN 1:7).
JESUS IS THE DELIVERER!!
FOUR STEPS LEADING TO THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. Romans 10:8-13 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thin heart that God hat raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Believe, confess and call.
2. Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Obey Him
3. Hebrews 5:8-9 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him. Salvation unto all them that obey him.
4. Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ fro the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Repent, be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost.
EIGHT STEPS LEADING TO THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. Acts 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. The promise of the Father.
2. Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. The promise is for everyone.
3. Luke 11:9-13 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto you children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy spirit to them that ask him? Ask.
4. Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Believe you have it and you do.
5. Acts 10:44-46 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as come with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter. The evidence (for they heard them speak).
6. I Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. My spirit prays (I speak) but my understanding is unfruitful (I don't know what I am saying).
7. Jude 20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on you most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost. Pray daily
8. Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. The Spirit maketh intercession for us.
RECEIVING THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues.
Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy ghost not many days hence.
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Acts 11:15-17 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Acts 19:1-6 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, He said unto them Have ye received the Holy ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. when they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
James 2:17 Even so faith if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
1. Believe GOD'S WORD which promises you the HOLY SPIRIT (Acts 2:38-39).
The terms baptism, filled and gift of the HOLY SPIRIT are used similarly (Acts 1:5, 2:4, 10:45, 11:15-17).
2. Ask for the baptism with the HOLY SPIRIT (Luke 11:9-13).
3. Confess that you have received the HOLY SPIRIT by faith (Mark 11:24).
Say: HEAVENLY FATHER, on the authority of your promise, I now ask for, and by faith receive, the gift of the HOLY SPIRIT, IN JESUS' NAME.
4. Act on your faith (James 2:17).
The scriptural evidence of having received the baptism with THE HOLY SPIRIT is the sign of speaking with a new tongue (Acts 2:4, 10:44-46, 19:1-6; Mark 16:17). In Acts 2:4 we read They...began to speak with other tongues, as the SPIRIT gave them utterance. GOD fills you, but you must begin to speak. Determine not to speak a word of English at this time (for you cannot speak two languages at once). Lift up the sound of you voice and THE HOLY SPIRIT will give you utterance in a new language supernaturally.
Do not be concerned about what to say, as the language is spoken supernaturally and does not come through the mind or intellect, but through your spirit quickened by THE HOLY SPIRIT. In faith, put your speech faculties into operation (vocal chords, tongue, lips) as in speaking any language, and THE HOLY SPIRIT, now indwelling you, will give the utterance.
Remember, receiving THE HOLY SPIRIT is an act of faith, and this promise is to be appropriated in the same way as all GOD's promises are, such as salvation, healing, etc. Some who have not understood this fact have failed to receive because they were looking for some feeling, emotional experience, or special anointing before they would believe they had received THE HOLY SPIRIT. We are to receive THE HOLY SPIRIT by faith, and as we act on our faith, the evidence and assurance will follow.