THE BLOOD OF JESUS CLEANSES YOU FROM ALL SIN AND GUILT (1 JOHN 1:7). JESUS IS THE DELIVERER!!
In Chapter 11 of Exodus we find the last plague upon Egypt and instructions to the Children of Israel. Little did they know that thousands of years later the Passover would mean the death and resurrection of JESUS, The Christ.
Exodus 12: 1-27
1) The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, 2) This month shall be to you the beginning of months, the first month of the year to you. 3) Tell all the congregation of Israel, On the tenth day of this month they shall take every man a lamb or kid, according to [the size of] the family of which he is the father, a lamb or kid for each house. 4) And if the household is too small to consume the lamb, let him and his next door neighbor take it according to the number of persons, every man according to what each can eat shall make your count for the lamb. 5) Your lamb or kid shall be without blemish, a male of the first year; you shall take it from the sheep or the goats.
Many times we have heard preached to us and read of JESUS being the "Sacrificial Lamb of God". Here we can see the reference more clearly of what JESUS did for us and have more understanding of what the Lord's Supper means to us as we partake of the Cup and Bread.
I Peter 1:19
But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of Christ (the Messiah), like that of a [sacrificial] lamb without blemish or spot.
Now back to Exodus 12:
6) And you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month; and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall [each] kill [his] lamb in the evening. 7) They shall take of the blood and put it on the two side posts and on the lintel [above the door space] of the houses in which they shall eat [the Passover lamb].
JESUS also gave specific instructions to the disciples as to the Lord's Supper. As they were gathered around JESUS and partook of the Passover they understood the meaning of the Blood and the Bread. They did not just eat and drink according to a custom that you just do it because the church reads a few Scriptures and passes out the bread and juice. There is a deeper meaning to this act. It is the only act that we are to observe and partake of.
For this is My blood of the new covenant, which [ratifies the agreement and] is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Now back to Exodus 12:
8)They shall eat the flesh that night roasted; with unleavened bread and bitter herbs they shall eat it. 9) Eat not of it raw nor boiled at all with water, but roasted - its head, its legs, and its inner parts. 10) You shall let nothing of the meat remain until the morning; and the bones and inedible bits which remain of it until morning you shall burn with fire. 11) And you shall eat it thus: [as fully prepared for a journey] your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and you shall eat it in haste. It is the Lord's Passover. 12) For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment [proving their helplessness]. I am the Lord.
The firstborn in the land was the pride, hope and joy of Egypt.
13) The blood shall be for a token or sign to you upon [the doorposts of] the houses where you are, [that] when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague shall be upon you to destroy you when I smite the land of Egypt. 14) And this day shall be to you for a memorial. You shall keep it as a feast to the Lord throughout your generations, keep it as an ordinance forever. 15) [In celebration of the Passover in future years] seven days shall you eat unleavened bread; even the first day you shall put away leaven [symbolic of corruption] out of your houses; for whoever eats leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that person shall be cut off from Israel. 16) On the first day you shall hold a solemn and holy assembly, and on the seventh day there shall be a solemn and holy assembly; no kind of work shall be done in them, save [preparation of] that which every person must eat - that only may be done by you. 17) And you shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread, for on this very day have I brought your hosts out of the land of Egypt; therefore shall you observe this day throughout your generations as an ordinance forever.
These Israelites did not know that the death and resurrection of JESUS would be the NEW covenant and his body and blood would be our freedom from bondage thousands of years later. JESUS came to destroy the works of the devil and we are told in I Corinthians 5:7 to purge or clean out the old leaven (which is corruption) that we may be fresh (new) dough, still uncontaminated for Christ, our Passover [Lamb], has been sacrificed.
Now back to Exodus 12:
18) In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at evening, you shall eat unleavened bread [and continue] until the twenty-first day of the month at evening. 19) Seven days no leaven [symbolic of corruption] shall be found in your houses; whoever eats what is leavened shall be excluded from the congregation of Israel, whether a stranger or native-born. 20) You shall eat nothing leavened; in all your dwellings you shall eat unleavened bread [during that week]. 21) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said to them, Go forth, select and take a lamb according to your families and kill the Passover [lamb]. 22) And you shall take a bunch of hyssop, dip it in the blood in the basin, and touch the lintel above the door and the two side posts with the blood; and none of you shall go out of his house until morning. 23) For the Lord will pass through to slay the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood upon the lintel and the two side posts, the Lord will pass over the door and will not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to slay you. 24) You shall observe this rite for an ordinance to you and to your sons forever. 25) When you come to the land which the Lord will give you, as He promised, you shall keep this service. 26) When your children shall say to you, What do you mean by this service? 27) You shall say, It is the sacrifice of the Lord's Passover, for He passed over the houses of the Israelites in Egypt when He slew the Egyptians but spared our houses. And the people bowed their heads and worshiped.
This is the story of the Passover and now as we look at the Lord's Supper with JESUS and his disciples we will find a NEW covenant and the meaning of His death and resurrection.
First, remember that unleavened means: uncorrupted (Strong's)
Second, remember that the juice of grapes means: blood
Third, remember that the New Testament means: freshness, regenerate, young, age
Fourth, remember that the New Testament means: Covenant, will
Now we are at the night before JESUS was crucified and he and the disciples were having the Passover supper. (verse 17). Please take in consideration the meanings of the words listed above when you read these Scriptures.
27) And He took a cup, and when He had given thanks, He gave it to them, saying Drink of it, all of you; 28) For this is My blood of the new covenant, which [ratifies the agreement and] is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
As JESUS spoke these words the disciples understood what He meant by each act. I hope that now that you have read these passages you too know how important the Lord's Supper is to us. You will understand that thousands of years ago God had planned for JESUS to die. That His blood cleanses us from sin and that His body was uncorrupted and that we should purge ourselves from all corruption.
DON'T STOP HERE! SEE OUR INDEX FOR MORE ARTICLES.
THERE IS NO HATE, MALICE, RACISM, ETC. ON THIS SITE. THESE ARE SINS IN THE EYES OF GOD, AND ARE ALSO DEMONS. THE BIBLE MAKES IT CLEAR THAT SIN CANNOT GET INTO HEAVEN.